For Preferred Customers
100% Ethically Traded Cacao
The brain is critical to a healthy body. If your brain function is compromised, then it can affect all body systems and functions. The good news is that high-antioxidant chocolate is extremely brain friendly:
• Chocolate contains several chemicals—or triggers the production of other chemicals in the body—that positively influence the brain.
• Studies show that chocolate compounds such as anandamide, PEA, theobromine and tryptophan can boost serotonin and endorphin levels, boost overall mood, increase mental energy and encourage the production of critical neurotransmitters such as melatonin.
• The results are a natural antidepressant effect, increased libido, and improved mental and emotional health.
• Chocolate is a powerful antioxidant, protecting the brain from free radicals, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
• Healthy Chocolate has been shown to improve memory and cognitive function.
What the Science Says
A recent 2012 study from British researchers found that high-antioxidant chocolate helps maintain the number and quality of synaptic connections— the signaling grid of the brain—in key brain regions, which prevents the progression of neurodegenerative conditions.
(Source: Mol Aspects Med. 2012 Feb;33)1):83-97.)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.